This post contains affiliate links, which means I may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you when you make a purchase after clicking these links. Read more about affiliate links here.
My daughter, Pippa, loves Valentine's Day! She's 4 now, and we always make those classroom paper valentines for her friends and cousins. So naturally, I like to do a little valentine sewing and quilting to decorate the house a little bit.
Here are my favorite Sew Worthy Mama projects and patterns that are perfect for Valentine's Day, in one place:
I designed this block while I was pregnant with my son. I was thinking alot about his tiny little heart growing inside me, and so close to my own. So I designed this heart-in-a-heart block. You can use it for a pillow, wall hanging, quilt, anything your heart desires! (See what I did there?)
You'll need a fat eighth each of the inner heart fabric, outer heart fabric, and background. Get Hearts Together for free HERE.
Letters Quilt: Love Letters Edition
My Letters Quilt pattern is perfect for Valentine's Day, too! Just choose a Valentine fabric collection and voila! You have a Love Letters version.
I made this quilt with the All My Heart collection by J. Wecker Frisch for Riley Blake.
And up close:
Fabric Requirements for baby size (40" x 53"):
- Letters – XO White – 5/8 yard
- Background – XO Red – 1 1/2 yards
- Envelopes – Red Heart Strings, Black Heart Toss, Pink Heart Toss, Black Valentine Tulips, White Valentine Tulips, White Bouquet Toss, Pink Bouquet Toss, White/Red Valentines Thistles, White Valentines Thistles, Pink Candy Wraps – 1/4 yard each
- Backing – Valentine Greeting Red – 2 3/4 yards (this allows 4″ overage for longarming and uses a horizontal seam. Use 3 1/2 yards for a vertical seam, or you can get away with about 1 5/8 yards if you are ok with less than 4″ overage.)
- Binding – Black Candy Wraps – 1/2 yard
Read more about this quilt on my Riley Blake blog post, HERE.
Mini Quilted Valentines
When you need a quick and simple make, try out these unique mini quilted valentines. These are made with spare blocks from the Letters Quilt pattern, but you could follow the instructions using any block.
Pockets Full of Blessings Quilted Table Runner
The Pockets Full of Blessings quilted table runner pattern collection is my favorite Valentine's Day project!! This table runner pattern features pockets down the sides which hold printable cards. There are 2 sets of cards included for Valentine's Day:
- 14 Random Acts of Kindness Cards
- 14 Lined Love Notes Cards
Use either or both to count down the days in February from the 1st to the 14th. Place cards in the 14 9-patch pockets and use the solid pockets for small candies and gifts for each day. Save and protect your cards using the included Keepsake Pouch pattern.
Read my post 21+ Ideas for Celebrating Valentine's Day with Pockets Full of Blessings for more ideas.
If you have a kid who always asks, "How many more sleeps until...?" this one is for you!
I made this version using the I Love Us fabric collection by Susan Gervais for Riley Blake.
- A. Sprinkles Cream – 7/8 yard
- B. Circle Dots Blush – 3/8 yard
- C. Plaid Coral – 1/8 yard + 1 fat quarter for the Keepsake Pouch
- D. Dash and Dots Hearts Coral – 3/4 yard
- Backing – Stripes Cream – 7/8 yard
- Binding – Tiled Hearts Blush – 1/3 yard
Read more about this table runner on my Riley Blake blog post, HERE.
Happy Valentine's Sewing!
I hope you enjoy some sweet Valentine's sewing and quilting.
Here's a recap of all the patterns and projects mentioned in this post:
- Hearts Together Free Quilt Block Pattern
- Letters Quilt Pattern
- Mini Quilted Valentines
- Pockets Full of Blessings
And check out 21+ Ideas to Celebrate Valentine's Day with Pockets Full of Blessings for more inspiration.
Pin for Later: